Covid-19 guidelines will be in place during this year’s Spring Fling. We will be following all New York State guidelines and requirements. Please see all guidelines at springflingqhshows.com as well as NYS guidelines at ny.gov. Thank you again for supporting our horse shows! We will try to make this new process easy as possible.
Office Procedure: All entries will need to be made via mail with your show entries. This includes ALL HORSES, showing or not. NO PAPER ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. PRE-ENTRIES ARE DUE WEDNESDAY 6:00 pm prior to the weekend of the horse show. All entries received after this time will be considered a LATE ENTRY and a $25.00 late fee per horse entered will be assessed. (You may add and scratch classes at the show.) All entries are to be done per Trainer/Agent; if you are showing by yourself you are considered the Agent.
All check-ins and check-outs will only be done by Trainer/Agent to help stay in compliance with our COVID-19 guidelines. Trainers/Agent will collect all clients’ checks and pay bills at check-out. At check-in, one open check will hold entries per Trainer/Agent. Trainer sheets (available soon at springflingqhshows.com) must be completed and turned in at check-in for correct allocation of tack stalls and/or extra shavings. At check-in and check-out, please have all your paperwork ready so that we can have an efficient process. ALL TRAINERS/AGENTS MUST WEAR A MASK AT THE OFFICE.
- ALL stalls and/or shavings must be ordered by texting Karen Randall at 716-534-4035 or emailing Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your text/email must include your name, number of stalls needed and number of extra shavings. EVERY HORSE MUST HAVE A STALL.
- No working from trailer.
- Schooling will be allowed with 10 people per indoor ring including trainers and/or unmounted trainers and riders at a time.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED, as per NYS requirements
- NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED, as per NYS guidelines. Minors under the age of 18 are permitted one parent or guardian. No spectators allowed for anyone 18 years and older.
- Contact information for every person on the grounds will be required for NYS contact tracing purposes if needed.
- Social distancing will be enforced.
- Concession stand will not be available.
Upon Arrival: All vehicles arriving will stop at arrival check point. All people entering facility will be required to have a signed COVID-19 waiver on file with Spring Fling QH Shows. Please download, print and sign waivers from our website springflingqhshows.com to help expedite the arrival process. You will be checked each time you enter the property. Those staying on the grounds in campers will be receive a wrist band after your check in. To receive your wristband, you will need to:
- Fill out contact information
- Turn in signed waiver
- Temperature check
- Answer basic COVID-19 spread prevention questions
Your signature on the waiver will indicate that you agree to follow the above procedures.
As a youth and adult noncontact sport, the following COVID-19 guidelines must be adhered to when competing and/or attending our competitions. In addition, all federal, state and local laws that may be applicable must be followed. Management reserves the right to change the guidelines when/if it is necessary. Failure to follow guidelines may result in expulsion from the show grounds.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. (See cdc.gov.)
If you are planning to come to The Spring Fling QH Shows at the Showplex in Hamburg, NY, you must be able to assure management that neither you, nor anyone in your household:
- Has tested positive or has been presumed positive for COVID-19 at any time during the past 14 days
- Has been advised by a healthcare professional to self-quarantine at any time during the past 14 days
- Has been in close physical contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has been presumed positive for COVID-19, during the past 14 days
- Is subject to a quarantine order or a recommendation of a healthcare professional that, in either case, would make it inadvisable to attend a public event or competition
- Has, within the past 24 hours, exhibited any of the following symptoms: fever of 100.4 or greater, cough, shortness of breath
Social distancing guidelines must be followed at all times. Current guidelines call for a 6’ minimum spacing between individuals. Do NOT gather in groups.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol. The use of gloves is encouraged, but not required.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
We REQUIRE wearing a cloth face cover or mask when in public or close contact situations. Rider can take mask off during competition or leave on without penalty showing.
Please frequently clean and disinfect all tack, equipment, and surfaces that others may come in contact with. This includes tack trunks, reins, halters, grooming items, lead ropes, and other common items that others may come in contact with during event attendance.
Please use trash receptacles, so that staff does not have to come in contact with contaminated items that are not discarded properly. PLEASE DO NOT LITTER!
All competitors and attendees are responsible for monitoring their own personal and family health prior to, during, and after attending a competition.
Trainers will be held responsible for the conduct and adherence to the rules and guidelines set forth during the competition. Trainers and/or barns are subject to expulsion from the grounds if guidelines are not followed. Please discuss with each individual in your group the importance of following rules and the direction of horse show staff and security personnel.
Until further notice the competition is open only to trainers, riders, grooms, owners, competition staff, and parent/ guardian attending as a minor’s guardian. Children not competing should stay home.